We are Casa de los Gigantes and we are interested in having your business as our client.
At Casa de los Gigantes, we are a family with about one hundred members, all of us passionate about Guatemala’s rich traditions and multicultural heritage, as well as the colorful and hardworking people that make this part of the planet so special. We are business people, artisans, and designers with a common goal of creating stunning handicrafts to share with our customers.
We come from all different parts of Guatemala, and some of us even from outside the country. Some of us are fathers and mothers, while others are young men and women only starting on the road of life. We all share a commitment to spreading our passion for handicrafts through the preservation of old traditions and the innovation of new designs.
Guatemala is our house, our Casa, and our customers, artisans, designers, and employees are the giants, the Gigantes, that make this dream possible.
Our mission is to create handmade crafts using earth-friendly materials for today’s world. We believe that our crafts bring warmth and humanity to an increasingly technological and impersonal world, while simultaneously providing our artisans with a dignified way of making a living.
Our vision is a world in which the artisans’ skills are valued and their work is appreciated for its esthetic, cultural and practical values, and in which artisans can live with dignity and be well remunerated.
Casa de los Gigantes is committed to developing crafts through innovation and building long-term, sustainable relationships with our artisans, designers and customers. We do this through our retail store, our export division, and our carpentry shop.
Our preferred client is one who wants a long term relationship, is aware of how artisans work, the advantages as well as the limitations.
The People in our Team
- In-house carpenters who work mainly teak and conacaste woods at the moment
- Carpenters who work in their villages in Peten, Sololá, Quiché and Nahualá
- One in-house weaver who helps with new designs
- Weavers in Chimaltenango, Sololá, Alta Verapaz, Nahualá and Sacatepéquez
- Two different groups of beaders in Sololá
- Pine needle artesanos in Alta Verapaz and Sololá
- Pottery artisans in Sololá and Jalapa a also Alta Verapaz
- Hand embroidery artisans in Chimaltenango
- In-store administrators, salespeople, quality checkers and packers
- Guatemalan as well as US designers
- Shipping agents with experience for small, medium and large shipment
The Products our Team Creates
- Serpentina, Mayan Hands, Comalapa, Corte Azul, Santa Maria, Gelatto, Café, Flor de San Juan, Textiles for the home
- Pine Needle Vase collection
- Tacto collection of clay jewelry
- Hand woven towels for the bathroom
The Services our Team Provides:
- We develop products with and for customers
- We assist in exporting, by finding the best and least expensive shipping, whether it is for samples or container loads
- We also pack and crate if needed
- We consolidate with purchases from other artisans
- We can also store in our warehouse while products are getting ready to ship.
Thank you for taking the time to read about us and what we do. We look forward to hearing from you.